Saturday, August 7, 2010

Beachy Halter Top Refashion

First let me start out by saying how much fun we had this summer while visiting the beach in San Diego. Spending time with my family, loyal furry friend, feet in the sand and lots of sunshine!

Our Son Micah & sweet Newfoundland Annabelle
 -- A "little" man's best friend --
I love the beach, and can't believe summer is coming to an end... and school starts next week! 2 of my 3 babies are going to be in school this year... sniff.... Kindergarten & 1st grade. Where does time go? Thankfully I still have my youngest munchkin at home with me... and it will be a while before school starts for her.

Anyway.... so since our time at the beach & enjoying my brother's Sailboat I've been in a nautical mood... simple, natural & fresh.  Hence, the beachy halter top refashion!

This project started out with a plain white halter top with a built in shelf bra. The halter had a couple tiny stains on the front that I couldn't bleach out. So I decided to Sew Over It! :) 
A super easy project with layered ruffles made from some really cool natural hemp / linen looking fabric I found at Goodwill.  I added some silver nautical buttons to finish off the look. 
I also made some fun hair accesories from the hemp fabric, I love all the texture to this stuff!
More on these later... but here's a little preview. Natural leaves, rosebuds, and fresh water pearls... on a bobby pin.
Check back soon for more pics of the newest hair accesories available in the shop soon!

1 comment:

  1. Morning, found you via Becki Lambert love the blog and will be back soon - I love to up-cycle and reinvent so will be watching you very closely...... maybe you can pop by my blog beverleylovestosew.blogspot.com and see my fabric challenge.
    Have a great day.
    Beverleyxx (UK)

    ReplyDelete